The altitude won’t take your breath away, but the views will!
Step onboard and after a gentle rush of motion you’ll find yourself airborne, gliding down the mountainside towards the bay. All that’s left to do is relax, unwind and keep your eyes open as you climb over 314 metres high.
Soaring through the sky admiring the breathtaking views of the Mornington Peninsula, it’s hard not to think you are reading a postcard from a bird of prey friend: ‘Wish you were here – the views are out of this world!’…
Gliding above the famous Mornington Peninsula vineyards, green rolling hills and farmland interlaced by winding tracks and trails leading down to the sea views of Port Phillip Bay.
The Arthurs Seat Eagle is the Mornington Peninsula’s newest attraction and the all-weather Eagle carries passengers between the Base Station in Dromana to the summit of Arthurs Seat, passing high over the beautiful State Park.
Take the Eagle chairlift to the summit and enjoy the perfect place for a mountaintop picnic with panoramic views of the surrounding peninsula.
A combination of enclosed and open cabins provides an all-weather experience for passengers. The Eagle is all inclusive and caters to the disabled, elderly, frail and toddlers. It is wheelchair and pram friendly, and most of all, it offers stunning views and a relaxing journey.
How to get there
Both the Summit and Base Stations of the Eagle are on Arthurs Seat Road on the Mornington Peninsula. You may board and disembark the Eagle at either station.
You will find the Base Station at:
1085 Arthurs Seat Road
And the Summit Station at:
795 Arthurs Seat Road
You can board at either station.
BY car – Less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne CBD via the Peninsula Link (M11).
BY Train or Bus – Take the Frankston line train to Frankston station or catch the Portsea Passenger Service (Bus #788) to the Mornington Peninsula to the Dromana Visitor Information Centre. The Base Station is a 15 minute walk from there.
FREE PARKING is available at Arthurs Seat Eagle Summit and Base Stations.
See the Mornington Peninsula from a different perspective – from the clouds!
Enjoy a relaxing 14-minute one way journey with incredible views of the Mornington Peninsula, changing colours of the seasons, natural valleys and vineyards and maybe even some wildlife are highlights of the ride.
The Eagle offers visitors unparalleled views
The all-weather Eagle carries passengers between the Base Station in Dromana to the summit of Arthurs Seat, passing high over the beautiful State Park. Passengers can board at either station. The ride is approximately 14 minutes each way and in busy periods such as school holidays, guests may have to disembark at each station.
A combination of enclosed and open cabins provides an all-weather experience for passengers. The Eagle is all inclusive and caters to the disabled, elderly, frail and toddlers. It is wheelchair and pram friendly.
Did you know?
- The Eagle has 24 gondolas
- Each gondola can hold eight guests.
- The summit is 314 metres high
- The flight takes approximately 15 minutes each way
- There is 120t of steel in the towers
- Each gondola weighs 750 kgs
- Over 10,000 metres of electrical cable is used overhead to transport the gondolas up and down the slope
- The gondolas were manufactured in Switzerland
- The tallest tower is 19 metres from the ground to rope level
Tickets can be purchased online or at the ticket box at both the Base and Summit Station.
Child (aged 4-16) $15
Child (aged 4-16) $11
What to bring
- Sun hat for summer and sunscreen
- Warm clothes for winter
- Camera, video recorder and selfie stick!
- Be sure to allow some extra time to enjoy a coffee or relaxing drink/food at the Eagle Café as the views here are worth taking in. Allow 1.5 hours total for the Eagle return flight and a coffee break.
- The views at the top of the gondola are simply breathtaking and perfect place to stop and have a picnic.
- The Eagle is suited for families with kids of any age.
- Bookings are not essential.