The Whitsundays are renown for crystal clear water and beautiful beaches. It’s one thing to experience one beach or reef at a time, but it’s a whole new experience seeing it from 15,000 feet in the air.
What makes it even more thrilling is knowing that you are shortly about to plunge out of the plane and hurtle back towards earth at speeds over 200 km/h.
How to get there
Offices are located in the centre of Airlie Beach, although getting there is made simple with free pickup and return from any accommodation within Airlie Beach.
- Australia’s highest available jump
- Experience the epic views of the Whitsunday Islands & Great Barrier Reef on the way up
- Up to 60 seconds free fall prior to deployment of parachute
- Approximately 5-7 minutes to further enjoy the amazing views while floating back to earth
- Well trained, relaxed and confident staff ensuring you feel safe from start to finish
- Comprehensive photo and video packages available as an added addition
What you’ll do
Size up & setup
After signing in at the main office you will take a short trip to the airstrip where you are sized up and fitted with all your gear. Then after a short safety briefing your up & away on the adventure of a lifetime!
Views for days
On the way up be sure to take the time to take in the spectacular views (if nerves allow)… Believe me, you will not be able to get enough them.
Defy your instincts
After reaching altitude, it’s time to step outside your comfort zone and take the plunge. Freefalling for approximately 60 seconds is an adrenaline rush like no other!
Relax and take control
After the chute is deployed you have yet another chance to enjoy the views as you glide gently back towards earth. This is where you have the opportunity to take the reigns and guide the flight.
- Transfers from your Airlie Beach accommodation
- Personalised training and instruction
- Up to 15,000 feet tandem skydive
- Approximately 60 seconds of free fall
- Skydive certificate
What to bring
- Ensure you are wearing loose comfortable clothing and enclosed lace up shoes
Skydive Airlie Beach is obviously well suited to thrill seekers, but for me the scenery was just as memorable as the adrenaline rush. If you’ve ever had an interest in skydiving then the Whitsundays is the definitely the best place to start! Epic views + adrenaline rush = An experience of a lifetime!
If you’re eager to take the leap and go tandem skydiving over the Whitsundays like Nathan did then you can book your jump online today!
Images: Nathan Chilcott
Nathan skydived over the Whitsundays as a guest of Experience Oz and Skydive Australia.